It is very easy to skip breakfast in the morning even though it is the most important meal. I think the best way to have time to eat breakfast is to prepare the night before because none of us probably have time to make it in the morning.
Chia seeds come from a desert plant called Salvia hispanica. Chia seeds is a concentrated food that contains fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium. An ounce contains 139 calories, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbohydrates, and 11 grams of fiber. Thats a lot in such a little amount!!
Although I struggle with eating breakfast I think it is very important to get something in your system before you go. This is one of my favorite recipes to make for breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- Mix together the coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla, honey, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or longer. The pudding should be nice and thick
- Into your severing glasses add a layer of the pudding and then add bananas. Add in another layer of of chia seeds and then to top it off add another layer of bananas and then the coconut flakes